NEW SWING BRIDGE:
E. Rawson de Dellepiane - R. Vera Peñaloza - A. Villaflor - M. Güemes - C. Grierson
Replacement of old steel bridges rotary-driven by hydraulic cylinders with endless chain shot single lane in each direction, its construction dates from 1885, new four-lane bridge for vehicular traffic, adequate to the new traffic
projected for the area.
Built with modern system, barriers and audible signalling device.
PUENTE DE LA MUJER
In correspondence with the axis history of the city, the bridge was designed by architect Santiago Calatrava Vals, raises the connection between both sides of the Dock 3.
Its designed is inspired by a couple dancing tango, the man represents the man using rope holding the central curvature of the bridge that symbolizes the woman, in a typical step of this dance.
The initiative for building belonged to businessman Alberto Gonzalez (who died in august 2001).
Its rotation mechanism allows the shipping dock. The rotary section relies on a central pile of white concrete that houses the rotating mechanism
composed of twenty other ten points arranged in support.
The metal structure of the bridge has been entirely of steel and straps are made up of galvanized steel wires of high resistance of circular section. The bridge deck flooring was wood Vira Pita, cross- modulated. Protection elements have been designed stainless steel handrails.
The time of opening and closing of the bridge is 2 minutes for normal service. A computer from a central room monitors both motors and signalling systems.
Puernte de la Mujer was built by the company URSSA, at its plant in Victoria, in Bilbao, Spain, and brought to Buenos Aires in several shipments.